We are hiring — Bioinformatician
GenomesDAO is looking for a full time Bioinformatician for our flagship Genomes.io Platform. We are a decentralised Biotech company working in the Web2 and Web3 space.
We are a distributed team of 20 people, who are super enthusiastic about the space and the power of decentralisation for equitable healthcare globally. We are focussed on data privacy, self sovereignty of data and pioneering repeat consent in Genomics.
We are looking to grow our team with a Bioinformatician who would be looking into the following:
- Produce Genomic queries for individuals to learn more about their genome.
- Create the content to be displayed for query results (these will be deployed and enhanced by our frontend team)
- Contribute to all testing and deployment stages up to the production environment
- Write documentation to achieve an exhaustive log of decisions, designs, tests, results, etc. that enable full traceability of processes.
- Be a proactive member of a squad, adopting agile practices, offering subject matter expertise.
- Ensure adherence to the various standards and accreditations required for both clinical laboratory practice and software delivery.
You would work closely with our Product Manager, COO and CEO in launching new queries for our rapidly growing platform.
What We’re Looking For…
The applicant will have a BSc, MSc or ideally PhD in bioinformatics or computational biology involving a meaningful amount of programming in a high-level language
We would also like you to have:
- expertise in bioinformatics workflows
- strong Python programming skills (development, testing, packaging);
- familiarity with continuous integration and deployment and a willingness to adapt, listen and learn new skills;
- Ability to interpret and organise academic papers to create new queries based on their findings
Salary is flexible dependent on experience. We offer our team payment in GBP through our UK entity, or in other countries as a contractor. Other currencies can be considered.
Interested? Do get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to get back to you.